Forum Index · Register · Forum rules · Members · Groups&Ranks · Staff · Search · RSS · Log In

Recent Topics                                                                                Forum Category                                                         Author               Replies   Last Post
  LOSV server
  Chit Chat & Off Topic GI 1Friday, 06 Nov 2020 21:20
EDIS
  DD2MAPS SITE POSSIBLE HACK
  Chit Chat & Off Topic GI 2Monday, 05 Nov 2018 20:50
GI
  Line of Sight: Vietnam site is complete
  Announcements EDIS 0Friday, 03 Mar 2017 19:58
EDIS
  Welcome belzs!
  Welcome to the site EDIS 0Friday, 10 Feb 2017 14:46
EDIS
  Welcome spikemtz
  Welcome to the site EDIS 0Tuesday, 07 Feb 2017 15:00
EDIS

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seth  
Discussion » Conflicts (lvl - 0) » Line of Sight: Vietnam & nFusion » Fixing DM maps
Fixing DM maps
BlueNight Date: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 00:58 | Message # 1
[CAD]
City: Elba
I can set the Detailed Objects in Options of the game but that is not the problem. It don't give the folders and titles to go into to where the detailed grass should be, I need to find that out so I can get a Detailedobj.def file put into the games folders where ever that may be.

I am trying to fix DM maps that are not working lots of files missing I have made progress, but NOW it has halted I can't go any further unless I can make progress on this file and also the Z3D says Vehicles has 5 parts ... it's an ERROR !!v Any HELP will be Greatly Appreciated Thank you in advance for any help provided :-)

Sonyia Senn
EDIS Date: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 01:20 | Message # 2
*EDIS*E*MAJ[5*]*(LTU)*
[SGT]
City: London
1. Open the tiles folder ur using n u'll find a file called - detailobj.def.

2. Inside it will have some name of grass folder: detailplants, grassDetail, Detailob01.

3. Open the map in nWorld n import grass to a folder with the same name(grass1, grass2, grass3, grass4 or weed, plant, bamboo).

Sometimes when u have many missions installed, u have too many same vehicles. U can only use a particular vehicle once on a specific name. So u have to rename it, ie u have 3 jeep so u leave only 1 named jeep n rename the rest.
Rename the 2nd jeep to jeep01, another one to jeep02 etc, give it all the same properties.

...:::"respect the aspect of expect"- Sir Cr4p:::...
BlueNight Date: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 01:40 | Message # 3
[CAD]
Thankyou very much for your help :-) Greatly appreciated :-)

Sonyia Senn
EDIS Date: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 01:46 | Message # 4
*EDIS*E*MAJ[5*]*(LTU)*
[SGT]
Pleasure. Try it n I hope it helps, if not let me know well try 2 find a way.

BlueNight Date: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 13:57 | Message # 5
[CAD]
Hi Edis I tried but N-World would not open the map that has the problem, I tried a different way but it didn't help neighter. I have 3 or 4 DM maps that have that same problem. N-World opens up other maps just not the ones with the Detail grass problem. I also Downloaded the new DM maps that ROCA said everyone has been trying to install they all work but 2 or 3 those 2 or 3 has the same problem detail grass Problem. I could not even get in them to see the map and terrain and buildings and stuff which I am sure I would love to see ... lol

I don't want to give up on those few unless I just have to. It;s not like we don't have enough ... lol but a friend named Don once told me I was stingy ... I laugh to think about it ...lol he is probably right...lol and yes I laugh alot :-) I would like to talk more about these maps sometime thanks again !

Sonyia Senn
EDIS Date: Friday, 22 Oct 2010, 02:18 | Message # 6
*EDIS*E*MAJ[5*]*(LTU)*
[SGT]
ok i've just tried nsk-nomad dm map. it works fine for me, its all about SharedTex folder probably.
However i highly recommend to not install it, as it replaces your files i.e. sniper scope gets oval instead of round; weapdef, chardef cannt be modified easily and gets back to original + u get sum other stuff.

So I can fix it for you if u want play it, but the result has side effects like modified files i mentioned above.

BlueNight Date: Saturday, 23 Oct 2010, 21:57 | Message # 7
[CAD]
Hi, i tried but N-World would nto open that map it would show some error but it opened any other map that RUNS. So I don't know what to do next :-( But I will try anything you tell to try, :-)

I would like to get them going, but if not that is fine but if anyone else wants them to work I would be happy to try and get them going just so I could help others get theirs working so we kinda be working together here :-) Thankyou and have a great day :-)

Sonyia Senn
BlueNight Date: Saturday, 23 Oct 2010, 22:02 | Message # 8
[CAD]
ok, but when it replaces some files it might stop other maps from working and I like having all I can get to work the more of them that does work is better because I would not want several maps that stop working so we might have to think on that a little bit and talk about it some more
I rather have two or three maps that don't work than to have 10 maps not working :-)

So when we can and have time maybe w e can talk about this some more, have a great day :-)

Sonyia Senn
EDIS Date: Saturday, 23 Oct 2010, 23:42 | Message # 9
*EDIS*E*MAJ[5*]*(LTU)*
[SGT]
To make DM and COOP(missions) work all 2gether - is very difficult ie missions replaces sum objects, what gives u an advantage on DM maps, bcoz u can c players through objects n they cannt c u.

Solution: 2 different SharedTex folders. 1 for missions, 1 for dm.

Keep in mind that, mapmakers didnt work as the losv game creators, who actually had their actions synchronized. Thats y theres a variety of folders with same objects under different names, wot actualy corrupts the game ie 1 mapmakers mess replaces another ones n u get 1 mission instead of the other 1. So its time to choose as sum maps n missions r real troublemakers.
I recommend to install trusted ones, like reini, rossie, imm, andyc, kingdonut, darkman. Still its gonna replace sum files, but it can b fixed easier.

In the end, after ull have the most of missions n dm maps workin on ur machine, nobody will b able 2 join ur server as ur game is now different.

1 more last thing, when im thinkin of how much time, energy n other resources the job - 2 make all those maps work 2gether is gonna take - its not worth it.

GI Date: Thursday, 08 Sep 2011, 18:49 | Message # 10
[CAD]
I have rebuilt this map and sent it up to Gamespy. It runs well and will not overwrite any other files at all. just the map and lightmap are included.
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/220000/222192.shtml

REVIRESCO (I will flourish again)
EDIS Date: Sunday, 11 Sep 2011, 14:10 | Message # 11
*EDIS*E*MAJ[5*]*(LTU)*
[SGT]
Great job, Gl.

Tx 4 the info n ur time. We will definatelly check it out now cool

GI Date: Friday, 07 Sep 2012, 09:34 | Message # 12
[CAD]
Quote (EDIS)
I have rebuilt this map and sent it up to Gamespy. It runs well and will not overwrite any other files at all. just the map and lightmap are included.
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/220000/222192.shtml

Sorry to say gamespy has closed so all my maps are lost on there. I have uploaded them to my site and will soon be finished re-linking them to http://deadlydozen2maps.co.uk Thanks all. I will be putting up a server for the nfusion games most days of the week. dry

REVIRESCO (I will flourish again)
EDIS Date: Saturday, 08 Sep 2012, 14:16 | Message # 13
*EDIS*E*MAJ[5*]*(LTU)*
[SGT]
Well that's what I call bad news, tx GI.

Cya on a battlefield sometimes cool

Discussion » Conflicts (lvl - 0) » Line of Sight: Vietnam & nFusion » Fixing DM maps
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Members who visited Today
Forum Legend
[C-i-C=Site Owner][Command=Admin][Officer=Moderator][Veteran=Special Member][Soldier=Verified][uCoz=Member uCoz]
[Recruit=Not Verified]
[KIA=Banned][Scout=Non-Registered]
      Forum TOP
· Topics TOP 5 · · Most Active Members · · Top Rated Members · · New Members ·

· Shout Box ·